Friday, November 27, 2009

Northbound


I went away from Auckland. 241km, or 150 miles away from Auckland. But before I left, I took these pictures of the bay at St. Heliers:

 

Then I went on my way...









AND 4.5 hours later, here I am, at the BAY OF ISLANDS, in Paihia!!










So, although I am sad to be missing Thanksgiving dinner with my family and friends (especially since I've SEEN the leftovers on Skype), you don't have to worry about me. I am taking care of myself the best way I know how...



That is the Bay of Islands. And that is a crumbled oyster. And - best of all, LADIES AND GENTLEMENT, that is MY HAND!  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!


3 comments:

  1. Omg YUM!!! Live oysters! We def missed you everyone was SOOO excited to see you on skype. Gong gong was so amazed that a computer could do that!! Hope you have a good dinner and rest of the day. It looks amazing where you are!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the futurre! speaking of the future, how do oysters and mussels taste tomorrow? i wonder if it's a good day to eat seafood.. bwahah! we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
    Everyone was so excited to see you on skype. You look great. The Bay of Islands look so peaceful. Enjoy!!!
    Love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete