Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cyclone Wilma

After traveling to Samoa, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Hong Kong, China, and Fiji, I am back in New Zealand (exhale)!!!!

I landed in Auckland on Jan. 16 and flew straight to the Bay of Islands Airport. I am in Paihia, picking up where I left off with time some spent on volunteer projects, visiting Karl's house, soaking in the sun. I also completed my Open Water Diving Certification!

Last night, however, disaster struck (again). Cyclone Wilma hit the North Island and caused some serious flooding.

Article: Wilma departs leaving big clean up


  Waitangi River normally

 Waitangi River after Cyclone Wilma


Haruru Falls normally


 Haruru Falls after Cyclone Wilma



Paihia Beach normally


After the cyclone


Road to Karl's house blocked :(


No comments:

Post a Comment