Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Still My Playground

My photos show that the world is not black and white. In the same light, it is not a question of whether it is me or the world that is crazy. Instead, it becomes a question of how crazy we are... and whether we can still be a good fit for each other. I have a pretty funny life, and I consider people to be crazy... and then there are forces of entropy that contribute to the chaos. So for me, everything is spinning in a colorful and peaceful way.

Here's an example of how crazy I can be. I lived the last 11 years as a smoker. No matter how many times I quit, I could not stop. Then, last week a good friend gave me a book to read. I read it. If you smoke, maybe you can gain something from this book. As for me... I'm done being a smoker!


More and more, I am realizing just how important and impressive a person's spirit can be. Asking questions, playing games, laughing, exploring - and letting themselves be scared and surprised... is something I find remarkable and attractive. The world is your playground, and that is the simple truth. Choosing not to play only robs you of all the fun you used to enjoy as a child. Choosing not to play with others... try it on a see-saw, and you'll see what you're missing. These photos were taken at Kowhai Park in Wanganui.

Turtle, turtle!

Take off, or be left behind!

 Tee hee!

 
EVERYBODY knows Barney is from The Flintstones... ;)

The Hongi is a traditional Maori greeting.

The Hongi with Fred!



I am in love with Wanganui and the Whanganui River. If you haven't seen River Queen, it is a good movie about the history of the river. I would like to stay here for a long time. Knowing that I'll be back in the Spring is the only thing that will help me get out of here.


Must. make. it. to. South. Island!

2 comments:

  1. !!!turtle turtle!!! hahaha that is the most awesomeest park ever!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. the world is your playground, live your life as a fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete