Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Deeper Down Under

It's been a while since my last update... hard to believe! It feels like my sisters just left a few days ago. I don't have as much to report this time... last week I went diving for the first time, and it was an exhilarating experience. It was scary at first, but after I was underwater, it didn't feel like my first time. I was very comfortable and so focused on the underwater world, I just wanted to stay down there. I saw a baby octopus, a baby eel (blech) and other great wildlife. It felt like a combination of skydiving (the weightlessness, ears hurting!) and caving (the nooks & crannies, crawling through tight spaces). What fun... here are some photos!

Beautiful Sunset in the Bay of Islands

Fresh Crayfish!

4 comments:

  1. what a freaky looking crayfish!! huge!! i want to goooo take me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh crayfish, octopus, & baby eel! dinner anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwww soo jealous! how cool!

    ReplyDelete