Thursday, December 17, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...

I didn't like my life back at home. So I picked up and left...for Auckland, New Zealand.

I didn't like Auckland. So I picked up and left... for Paihia.

I had to return to Auckland. So HECK, first thing I did was go to Denny's.

I didn't like my homestay. So I packed up and went to a hostel/backpacker.

It was really difficult to make these decisions (except Denny's). They could be seen as negligible, but they are small steps to my happiness. That makes them important. Some things are worth paying for, waiting for, etc. Traveling has given me many choices, and all the empowerment that comes with making them. It is humbling and can be humiliating. But overall, it has given me everything. And it's only been a month.

I am in love with a place, with a people. I am also in love with myself. It may be hot, sunny, beachy... but I am feeling the Christmas spirit. And I just may be at my happiest spending it alone this year...

1 comment: