Thursday, December 3, 2009

Catch-Up (not TOMAHTO SAUCE)

Sorry Justin, I don't have pictures of the fish I caught. But I can tell you it was about 8.5 feet long, 3.9 feet wide, and made groaning noises.

Here are the leftover pictures I didn't get to post before. Be warned, there's many of them!!

From Russell on Nov. 29...

View of Paihia from Russell


Backpackers are great. They'll jump into your picture at the last minute to make you look popular!


Others are not so welcomed... :)



Jam Night at Beach House!

From "The Rock" on Nov. 30 - Dec. 1

Waiting with Leonie for our outrigger trip. But we got stood up :(


Paihia


Aboard "The Rock"


Heebie Jeebies!


Don't mess with me. I have terrific aim, even if I am holding it wrong.


A crew member on "The Rock." I was envious of their job until I saw how hard they worked and how much they sacrifice.


New Zealand flag.


Pacific Ocean

A Sailboat


Tourists


Islands



Hiking... (wait for my next postcard to see what the view was like at the top!)


Robertson's Island


Robertson's Island


Hiking, kayaking, roaming barefoot!
 

Got my toes in the water...

Happy Times!


Snorkeling for sea urchins


Getting uni (usually a very expensive Japanese delicacy) - first time I tried it, and it was very yummy!


Back to Paihia


But first, free mussels!


Goodbye to "The Rock"


Welcome back from a baby kitten outside my room.

4 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! It sounds like you're having a great time trying to see what life is like over there. Seems like you're getting an abundance done while there.

    Did you get V shaped layers? cuz if you did, I did toooo! If you didn't... I got a haircut on friday and it's in the shape of a V. LOL.

    I think it's great that you're out and exploring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you ate that. YUCKY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh so coooool!!!!! i cant wait to comeeeeee!! yessss 2 posts to read in one day!! whohooo!

    ReplyDelete